Monday, January 7, 2008

Pie Sweats

Pie Sweats-the newest trend in trouser wear? I wish! Most of you living on the Wasatch front (I would have never known what that was 2 years ago-I digress) are familiar with a pizzeria chain called the Pie. It's yummy, it's grand, it re-defines what cheese should look like on a pizza. What could be wrong with this scenario-it's perfection wrapped in thick crust! As I sit here typing this I looked down at my shirt-soaked through, my hair in 90 different directions to no where and when my husband woke up he took one look at me and said "Pie Sweats!". It doesn't matter what we order from there, how little or much of it I eat, every time I wake up feeling like I've survived a cyclone! The yumminess factor is addictive and I begin to evaluate. If I didn't eat at the Pie, I wouldn't have this cool bedhead. If I didn't eat at the Pie, I would be dry when I woke up. If I didn't eat at the Pie, I wouldn't need 8 glasses of water before 6am. Are there other things I'm addicted to even if the outcome is not what I want it to be? Am I addicted to sticking with something just because I gave my word even if it's not working for me? Am I afraid to tell someone no, that doesn't work for me because I want to maintain peace in that relationship at the cost of me? Am I putting God on hold, doing it my own way, walking my own path, and asking Him to join me? In the moment, the Pie is mesmerizing, it's enjoyable, it's delightful, magically delicious per se, but by dawn's light it's messy, it's sweaty, it's not worth it. Or is it? I'll let you know next weekend-maybe I'll have a salad! (Who am I kidding?)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com