Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Morning Shuffle

I don't want that cereal! I want the other bowl, the orange one! Mom, she ate all the cereal of the one I wanted! WOW!! On your mark, get set, go! 6am and as my NEW PILLOW came crashing down on my full glass of water, I politely cursed the conveniences of an end table. Then, we're off! A load of laundry changed, a new one started, clothes pulled out for kids, bowls, spoons, vitamins laid out in a buffet of breakfastivity. Feed dog, walk dog, start coffee (aaaah-we're out of creamer/darn the inefficiency of dairy production and poor planning of food shopping!) , drink it black as I'm racing around-are you done yet? Drink your milk! Hurry up! Those socks don't match that outfit! You're wearing what shoes? Hair and teeth-Hair and teeth, don't forget your stinkin' hair and teeth! Family prayer, Lord bring us together as you separate us for our day! We are blessed and I have just rounded the second leg of today's race before 7:30am. I am not alone, He is holding me up and through it and already knows what my day holds and I am in awe at the beauty of the chaos that surrounds me! What am I wearing today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief. Were you a Marine in a previous life?! "We do more before 9am than most people do all day!!"

Anonymous said...

SERIOUSLY!!! Now you know why I'm so tired in my down time and evenings!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! I know how you feel though! It just sounds so much MORE when you see it written down! :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com