Saturday, January 12, 2008

Go Shorty

them Apple Bottom Jeans,
boots with the furrrr
the whole club was lookin at herrrr
She hit the floor
next thing you know
shorty got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low
Them baggy sweatpants
and the Reeboks with the straps
She turned around and gave that
Big Booty a smack-Hey!!!

This song is the next big club hit to ride on the curtails of T-pain from the group Flo Rida and as I have rewound it on my ITouch (yeah, I said ITouch) 9 times to get the chorus down, I reminisce. My 17th birthday cruise where I drank the worm (not my best moment, but I was thin-)), clubbing trips to Tijuana during college, cross gender clubs in the heart of Portland with friends from work, trips to Vegas with friends, karaoking BabyGotBack at friends 30th birthday parties, trips to San Diego for dueling pianos, Bunco's that make me smile and then blush in shame, toilet-papering wars, grownup bowling, jello shots-well leave it at that!
When I turned 33 this year my sister asked me how I felt and my response to her was that I didn't understand it. My insides feel like I'm 17 and that, my friends, is why I can rewind the 50cent wannabes multiple times to see what they're saying and smile. Anything with a beat that I can get down to and look like a fool, I'm usually all in.
I say all this to say God knows all this about me-He is VERY aware of where I've been and where I'm going. We all have history, some more "tainted" by worldly standards than others, but all the same-history. He knows and He still seeks me, He is chasing me, just like He's chasing you-so Go Shorty! Go Shorty! Get down on it! Shoot-Butterfly Kisses just came on, God is that you?

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com