Friday, January 25, 2008

Mousehump

My desk is not tidy. I think better when chaos is around me, except when I can't find that tiny post-it from 3 days ago, and as sweatbeads form on my upper lip, I think to myself, I should get this desk ORGANIZED! Then, I find it and all is well until the next crisis.
I have scoliosis. I was diagnosed with it when I was 12 and went for weekly chiropractic appointments for a couple years and thought nothing more of it until now. When I sit, and when I'm stressed, I now have a hump. My husband lovingly sings to me his Fergie rendition of My Lovely Lady Humps (instead of lumps). He's kind. Actually, it's better than the humpback whale, humpback of Notre Dame, camel hump references that I could be getting. So, at first, I thought this is totally stress/scoliosis related, the hump is out, the hump is in, I was trying to do an unofficial tracking of its presence. Similar to the groundhog popping its head out of the ground, my little lady hump popped out again last night while sitting at the computer. My husband walks in, he has the best timing, and says to me, it's the mouse. You have a mousehump! When you sit at the computer in your tiny space, since there's chaos surrounding me and therefore not much room, you are hunkered down, using the mouse and there's your hump! He's a diagnoser. He likes to fix things. I like to avoid thinking he might be right. What do you think? I think I'll try to reorganize, get an ergonomical chair fitted just for my five foot four booty, buy a new desk, a new mouse and keyboard fitted special for my posture, and fit all that in between the homework, the dinner prep, the kids activities, the laundry, the dishes, the dog poop, and what, did we win the lottery? So, for today, I'm embracing the mousehump. It's a friendly reminder to sit up straighter and to possibly clean up a little clutter and if nothing else it encourages my hubby to sing a little ditty, it's a mood lightener. I hope your mood can be lightened today without a hump, but if necessary, I can lend you my mouse.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com