Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'm Back!!!







OK-So, I've been checked out for a good couple weeks here and man oh man-It's Good to be back-sort of. Here's the deal, my girls and I have had every cold, sinus infection, strep throat, etc known to mankind for almost the entire month of February (so much so I had to cancel my hosting bunko last minute, and you all know how much I love to roll those dice) and I've been praying that March would be different, but as I'm typing this Rory is downstairs coughing and she had goo coming out of her eye today, so whatever-Welcome to Utah! The germ cesspool capital of the US most likely due to the outnumbering of children. Our dr must make bank!!! I digress...so speaking of cesspool's, I took a me-time vacation to Vegas compliments of a Flamingo room hookup and I gotta say, I still got it! I did not go to bed before 4am almost every night (4 nights total), we rode the float at the Rio where the dancers throw beads (note to anyone considering this activity-they make you dress up in a poncho and tie you in, seatbelt really, a chair, and give you a tamborine and pretty much tell you to perform like a monkey in a looney bin-it was FABULOUS and one of the more inexpensive activities to do there), we went to the Wine Cellar, which I loved at the Rio, the VooDoo Cafe, and topped that night off dancing the night away next to a half naked lady on a lit stage-my hand kept bumping hers, but she didn't seem to mind....this picture is the view from the Rio. We could see the Bellagio fountain show and the strip from our room and when we went dancing at Poly-Esthers at the Stratosphere, I got personal requests for my "running man", a couple people came and told me how great of a dancer I was, and I got picked up on by a 22 year old wanna be lesbian. Yes, as great a self esteem booster as one might think that would be, the actual highlight for me was the outrageously priced room service the first morning/afternoon there and the chatting that occurred that may, in turn, evolve into a great book idea. Needless to say I came home with a great hat and feeling more like me and that is the gift that not only the strip gives me, but friends who know me and still want to be with me give me.


So, today (with possible eye goo and all) we went as a family to the Children's theatre in SLC for a performance of Pippi Longstocking (is my life diametrical, or what? Pippi does the strip...). As a fellow redhead and orphan lover, I had a great time, and got to see and hear my daughters laugh outloud and hopefully appreciate the beauty the stage offers. They dressed in their prettiest dresses and we surprised them-it was a great day, with a bittersweet night. It started to snow AGAIN (it was 64 degrees this morning) and James left to go back into work at 10pm, and I'm alone, and I'm quiet, and I'm reflective. I'm grateful for all I have around me and unable to express in words the love that I feel inside sometimes as I watch my husband leave, see my girls in their theatre seats, and think to myself-"Last week at this time I was dancing in Vegas....how lucky I am to have had that and how grateful I am to be here with my family." If you haven't read the book The Shack-go get it. It's freedom on paper. It has given me the gift to transition home and have each moment be enough, no matter how I perform.


So happy Saturday night to all you bloggers and Cheers!

1 comments:

The Ledfords said...

Wow - I am impressed! 4 am every night! I can't do that, even in Vegas!! I have got to read the Shack too - I have had it for over a month now, so thanks for telling me to read it again!

 
template by suckmylolly.com