Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Got Chaired!

James and I had a "discussion" before he left for work this morning. All humans in any kind of relationship know that when a word like discussion is put in parentheses it is really code for an argument, smackdown, wwf in the living room type of scenario-we aren't fooling anyone.
So, when I hadn't heard from my hubby until 3:33 (I know, I can't believe it either), I was not surprised. I thought he was bitter at my confrontational ways from this morning and that he was giving me a "cooldown" time (again those parentheses). I gave him too much credit, he was just busy. That's ok, I'm grateful for his short term, easily distracted, non-grudge holding attitude. It compliments my elephant like, bring things up from 1992 judgmental side.
With that said, we exchanged the pleasantries of the day and being that it was my turn to pay at Blockbuster, I began to rush him off the phone. He says wait, I forgot to tell you something that is causing me pain. Wow, I thought, that must be deep. He must be having an issue deep down that's hurting him. He just got a new boss, maybe there's an unexpected situation going on there that is bothering him. My mind leapt to scenarios of depth and introspection. Again, too much credit. I kindly step out of my place in line and ask him to go on. He does.
Long story short, he was in his friend's office and was sitting in his chair. Meanwhile, the friend came up, got the other chair, and moved it out of the way as they both stood up to look at something computer or brain surgery related. The friend thought James was going to sit down in the "other" chair and therefore pulled "his" chair out of the way for him to get to the other one. My six foot four, two hundred and something husband fell like he was at the top of the beanstalk and it had been chopped from underneath him. As he laid there rubbing his bum, checking for broken ribs, and yelling a mantra about workman's comp, the previously mentioned new boss walks in to see him in the fetal position moaning. I don't think we're getting a raise.
I start laughing, debating if this story was worth my losing my place in line, and ask him so, you got chaired? He starts howling, I Got Chaired Baby!!! Wow, that was deep. I wonder if we could get workman's comp. I may have to look into that. We'll see....

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com