Friday, March 28, 2008

Puppy Woes

As many of you know, Santa brought puppies for the girls for Christmas. Well, yesterday, we found a new home for one of them and despair set in. It is a beautiful time of good lessons and how to see the positive in an emotionally driven situation. THE most important thing we had to convey to them was just because we had to do something that was best for the entire family did not mean that they had done anything wrong or that they were loved any less. It was a tear filled evening and I didn't sleep great from it last night, but it had to be done. Our family is growing this year and I can do one puppy, but two was more than I could handle. That brings up another thing we talked about with them, limits. Finding a balance in our busy world and seeing their mom admit that she has reached her limit and that it can still be a positive thing. I think I've always thought that if I admitted I had reached a limit, that I was not good enough or I was incapable, lots of negativity attached to that word-limit. I think a lot of moms and women in general struggle with this. What a gift that through this situation that these little eyes and minds could see that stories, popsicles, and a warm lap of tickles and giggles can comfort us when we're sad, but that it's ok to say I've reached my limit, I'm at my max, a new solution has to be found, and have that be ok. We are enough. I am enough. You are enough.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com