Friday, March 14, 2008

Fairytale Friday

My first grader's teacher implemented this concept of Fairytale Friday where a parent comes in to class to tell a fairy tale and do a craft. I was all in for the telling of the story, the craft intimidates me, especially here in Utah! These women are crafty chicks! Long story short, I haven't signed up for one as of yet. Today's friday and my kids are off track and as I closed my bible I wonder how many women, like me, sometimes crave for that fairytale friday. Just one day, every week, where the dishes do themselves, dinner makes itself, and birds sing enchanting songs in the background. The animals following me around might creep me out a bit, but I gotta be honest, today, I'm all in for a fairytale friday. I am craving the beach, the peace, the quietness of my soul. Instead, my day is filled with loud activities of playground equipment and pool parties. I sound ungrateful. I'm not. I'm grateful for those invitations, its just when the coffee pot stopped brewing this morning and it beeped it's polite "drink me-I'm done" buzzer, I rolled over and moaned. Darn the efficiency of pre-set timers! In my fairtytale it's truly all about me. I think it takes place in a winery and all glasses are on the house and there might be a karaoke dance floor outside under this huge lit patio and the dessert wine is served in chocolate cups. It's a wonderful fairytale, note no men are there, I'm surrounded by my favorite people and I don't have to shave, anything. Now I might be mistaken for a forest animal, but it's worth it, it's my fairytale. Happy Fairytale Friday to you all-hopefully no one gets shot in the woods today!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com