Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Rory!




I'm trying not to tear up, but as my tall cold toed baby girl crawled into bed with me 20 minutes before the alarm was set to go off, I could NOT believe 7 years ago today I was given two things. The first, was obvious, a 10 lb beautiful baby girl. The second was a new chance at life, after they revived me on the operating table and I awoke to James' tear stained face of relief that I had finally decided to wake up. Since that day, I have tried to embrace EVERY day. Pms days, bad balding hair days, grumpy kids days....all of it, I don't want to miss any of it. So, as I was hanging streamers and decorating her door for her birthday last night I said a prayer of thanks for this little girl who teaches me more about who I am as a person than I could ever have imagined and thanked God again for allowing me to be here to hang the streamers.

Happy birthday Rory! I love you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rory!

Love, The McWhorters

 
template by suckmylolly.com