Thursday, May 1, 2008

She's Getting Trained Mom!

Puppies! If they weren't so darned cute no one would buy them! The 8 year old is learning a lot from this bearded lady she calls Gumball. This morning at breakfast as this furball was jumping up and down, over and over, waiting for another marshmallow from the overfilled bowl of Barbie cereal (don't judge me) to fall on the floor, I hear the 8 year old tell her in a low, calm, but firm voice DOWN! Another bite got shoved in and the bearded lady jumped up again, I hear DOWN GUMBALL! Then, I hear my favorite gap-toothed laugh, so I come in to see what tricks this circus freak (not Chloe,but the puppy) is up to. I walk in and the 8 year old says watch this mom. I watch as an over-sugared ball of fur jumps up to beg for a sucrose snack. Then, I watch as the 8 yr old tells her DOWN! Lo and behold this 4 legged creature sat down!! I said, wow, she really sat down! Yep, I know says the 8 year old, she's getting trained mom, I like it when she listens to me! When she said that all I heard was TEACHABLE MOMENT, TEACHABLE MOMENT-jump on it stat....so, I asked her how it felt when her pup listened to her and she said good. I said how do you think I feel when you listen to me, she said good! I said yup, I do, and how do you think I feel when you don't listen to me? She said, like a second grader that doesn't want to do her homework-not good? ABSOLUTELY!!! NOT GOOD!!! She's getting trained!! I'm getting trained!! Teachable moments-stat. Next time we'll have the discussion of what the sugar does to the bearded lady and how that might not be the best choice to have for breakfast....I know you're wondering who bought it for her, but let's be honest, those marshmallows ARE tasty.....

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com