Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Missing Maria

As many of you know as of today, we've been home from Texas for exactly one week. Many things have happened in that week.
1. My mom came on Friday, a trip previously planned before Esther (aka ppbe).
2. The girls went off track on Friday for 3 weeks and they've decided they hate (yes, they said hate) the day camps and in their anti-camp rebellion have told me they'd rather stay home and work on homework than go there. (There goes my sanity)
3. We got home and the puppy that we didn't abandon is apparently going to be a medium to large size dog as her maltipom booty doubled while I was gone. (I think we were duped on her breeding info)
4. We spent the first 48 hours of our arrival taking apart furniture that we had just moved into the guest room (which is now Esther's room) moving it out and into a different room (I had to promise an EXCELLENT Father's Day gift in return for the sweat labor)
5. Many people have partnered together to bring us many meals (and as Chloe reminds me-gifts) in helping us transition with our newest addition-we've enjoyed taste testing everyone's kitchens and are grateful to feel like an audience member of Emeril.
6. Our weekly housekeepers came on Monday and when they left I noticed chips in our red paint and half of the dining room table dust ridden as well as under the candle holder.

AND that, my friends, is why I miss Maria. Maria was the main housekeeper at our stint at the La Quinta in Texas. She was accomodating, puntual, and proficient in my language-all signs of an excellent relationship of mess maker and mess cleaner. This post is for you Maria, may all your days off be restful and may all the duvet covers unzip snag free. Missing you friend...

1 comments:

The Ledfords said...

I can't wait to meet Esther! Do you have any pictures of her yet?

 
template by suckmylolly.com