Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Aunt Susie

I am an aunt! My sister had her first baby-a girl-Kiah Mary on our mom's birthday, October 30th. Everyone is healthy and good. I spoke to my sister yesterday and gave her permission to have her call me Aunt Susie. I am so not a Susie, but I grew up with everyone in my family calling me that....don't call me that unless we exchange blood. The Susie part comes with several memories for me, how my dad used to sing wake up little Susie every morning....the 3rd grade boy who treacherously called me Susie Sponge (it was the 80's people). Susie to me connotates an easy going, chunky kid who just wanted to get along with everyone. I still want to get along, but I will pass on the chunky. I think when you're an auntie, you get to be the fun playful interim parent....so Susie would be appropriate I guess. Meet me....Aunt Susie and welcome baby Kiah to our crazy world of dysfunctional survival where giggles abound-we are glad you are here!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com