Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Real Life




As I'm sitting here trying to get caught up on all my emails and debating as to whether I will make it to Bible Study (since a truly exhausted Esther refused to wait any longer to take her morning nap and I don't want to wake her to leave), I am so grateful for the family time we were able to have and yet conflictively overwhelmed at the "real life" of concrete floors, wallpaper disasters, undone fences, piles of smoke filled laundry, homework, hip hop, cheer, mops, soccer.....obligations that I was somehow able to put out of my mind for 3 very short nights. Yet, as I read my friends' blogs I am reminded of how all of these obligations are not what is truly important. Our friends, the Blakes, lost their much awaited baby girl, Bailey, while we were gone. That is real life. That is where important things lie. In holding each other up in prayer, in laughing when times are good, and pulling out the kleenex in times of sadness.
So, as my perspective is politely re-aligned to what is truly of value, I have to say that we were able to see Santana in concert while we were in Vegas. We surprised my mom with an early birthday dinner and her and I survived the randomness of drunkards in 2nd row seats at Santana! It was crazy....it was exhilarating...I finally felt alive again (so did the guy in front of us as the security guard shoved him back into his seat).
And of course, this is the always warm pool side view from the MGM's lazy river. Man, I miss palm trees....

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com