Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chocolate Chips & Cool Whip

As I read my other bloggers reports, it seems as if half of them are either leaving Utah, looking to leave Utah, left Utah, or going through something bigger than them while in Utah. Utah has this weird boomerang effect feeling that does not allow you to be here unaffected. So, last week my girlfriend (who gets to live where its warm) sent me a magnet with that great phrase, Stressed backwards spells Desserts. It arrived just in time to spend a week on the fridge mocking me as I spooned fat free cool whip into a Pampered Chef 1 cup measuring bowl, mixed with chocolate chips, and sometimes a dab of you guessed it, Hershey's syrup. I'm not proud of this concoction, but it does save me the calories of eating ice cream, and seems to do the trick. Stressed does not begin to describe what has been going on in the Nelson house. After a summer of tonsils and house looking, we kept asking God to pave the way for a home that would give us a little more space and a yard, and less of a drive for James to get through another winter of commuting. We put in a handful of offers on several newer homes and the door kept getting closed. Each time it closed, I thought great we're done and then shapow-I'd see another home that looked fun to go check out and I'd call our wonderful realtor to trek down from Layton to come let us in to another fun filled day of frozen coffees, poopy diapers, and whining kiddos in the 100 degree weather complaining that they didn't want to go into another house. We love our home here in Daybreak. We are so very blessed to have had great friends help us with our basement, guide us in our decisions on what colors, how to design it, etc. It's new. The house that God chose to not shut the door on, is not. It's completely not what I expected us to go for, it's not anything like what we have now, in fact, it is a beautiful mess. If my insides were drawn into a house plan, that would be this. We know it doesn't make sense, but we are drawn. We are scared to rent out our current home, but thank you to all who have prayed with us, we have renters! So, with all the anxiety that comes with taking a financial risk, change of environments, school, etc. we are official owners of what I have affectionately nicknamed as "The Compound" and will be moving Sept. 6th to Draper. This home will be a work in progress for the next 30 years, but we are grateful for the space and the shorter drive for James. I will post pictures soon, but if you see me at Harmon's reaching for the fat free Cool Whip, don't judge.....I'm stressed and it's dessert!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com