Friday, February 8, 2008

The Doctor's Office

Why is it that most drs offices look the same? They all strike that same panicky feeling inside me, even when it's not my appointment. I have been to our drs office 4 times this week and when I wasn't there, I've been on the phone with them. It's been one of those weeks. I like to watch people when I'm in the waiting room and guess what 3rd world country sickness they'll be diagnosed with by their stethoscope wielding man with the degrees from the University of Utah. Is it odd of me to wonder if the pharmaceutical sales rep that just walked in with arms overflowing with Valentine's goodies for all the nurses, if her smile is as real as her fur coat? Her shiny shoes peeking out from under Nordstrom labeled wide leg dress pants? Laughing incoherently as she nervously makes her way in to see the dr. I wonder if she walks into offices, looks around, and makes guesses as to the qualm of the individuals temporarily residing in the soft, cushy seats. I like to also play a game called which one is sick. Today, for example, there were 2 little girls, a mom, and a dad. The goal is to guess which person's name will be called by the nurse before she does it. This is a fun party game if you can easily turn your living room into a waiting room, complete with elevator music, and money making pharmaceutical reps! If I was a doctor, I'd serve latte's (hot chocolate in Utah) and promote this type of game playing among those of us waiting. I think waiting room coordinator is an excellent title that should be added to the payroll of all quality offices. I may need to patent this idea before someone else promotes it. Business idea 573-Waiting Room Coordinator, job description: ridiculous game player to keep mind off impending weigh in and blood pressure cuff.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com