Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chicken Coop-Day 5

I thought I was going to be able to dictate the happenings of the T-cubed recovery, but exhaustion is a fickle beast. We laughed this morning when we looked at the newborn and she was the only one who looked rested, laughing at her left fist, as the rest of us are trying to unpeel our eyelids from many nights of interrupted sleep.

I would first like to ask a question of all people addicted to Hydrocodone which have caused an unusually time consuming epidemic of drivers license info taking down, questioning eyebrow lifts from the pharmacist upon refilling, and we are now to the point where we are changing places we are refilling to help decrease the potential accusation factor. What are you people thinking? The silly drug doesn't even make my kids sleep. It does however cause a crazed look in their eyes and ferocious appetites-something I can relate to monthly.

Yesterday was the worst it has been on the recovery side of things. Chloe awoke throwing up blood, Rory cried and ate nothing but 2 bites of mashed potatoes, and I began to feel the walls closing in on me. Like a chicken in a coop, a lioness in her cage at the zoo, the feeling of if one more person whines, cries, says mom, asks for a popsicle, or lets the puppy out of her pen to poop on the floor I may lose it.
So, at 2pm, I filled their ice collars, tied them on, got some bottled waters, put a new movie on in the car, packed the diaper bag, and we drove. I don't even remember where we drove, but our gas tank says we went somewhere. We looked like an on the road circus show and I was the emcee. The whining still continued-for a bit. Then all of a sudden Esther started crying and I looked and Chloe had FINALLY gone to sleep, but landed on her little foot. Both girls slept, they slept like they'd never slept before. Forget the Hydrocodone, the car does a better job than the drug of choice. Today, they seem a little more like themselves, but hazy...again, a look I can relate to.
Day 5-Don't remember the last time they brushed their teeth, am grateful I remembered mine. They have showered and are in clean clothes, I have not and am not. The cartoons have become boring, the video games are causing WWF in the living room, and we are officially out of the Orange gatorade. Nine more days of this? Lord help me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I am sorry for the rough road to recovery. I pray that every day gets better and not all 9 days will be like this!

Cassie

 
template by suckmylolly.com